6. Write Your Manifesto and Style Guide
Capture the story magic into a playbook. This last stage is about transferring all the learning and testing into a guide that you and your team can use each day.
- Analyze the data and distill your story. Chose the story that outperforms and decode what the pattern is the most popular stories.
- Write a manifesto to what, how and why
- start with the pain of the customer
- Present what you do as the short term answer
- Explain how you do it makes you unique
- End with a celebration of the positive things that happen when customers work with you
- start with posters or a simple web site
- Choose your color palette- http://paletton.com/
- Select your imagery, headline and payoff
- By the end you should have a story and a poster that captures the essence of your story. This is by no means the end of the journey. You’ll need to create websites, marketing, events and even experiences.
- You will have a validated story. You have discovered your story together with your customers.
Example: Launch Your Story The truth is that most companies struggle to know and tell their story. We know this because it's rare that you find customers becoming real advocates of brands. And we only share stories worth telling. Companies like Nike, Patagonia, and RedBull, have enthralled customers with their stories for decades. These companies are one in a million. Just to make things a little harder. We are all running out of great resource: our attention. To protect ourselves from overload, we are literally blocking out stories. But there's hope. A good story is worth sharing. And today, sharing stories is how the brands of tomorrow are being built. We've captured the magic of a story. We've designed the Story Discovery Process. By testing and learning, you can connect a product, service or company with its audience. And you can discover the vocabulary of the perfect story that not only speaks to their problems but to their motivations too. In fact, we hope this course helps and inspires storytellers to create more useful and entertaining stories. We hope they can discover new fans and customers in the furthest corners of this very connected world. Let’s start customer conversations with great stories. Let’s share what we know to help others. Let’s share our craft to engage and delight others. Because when we share our stories, we become better and more connected as a community.